iPhone Live 360 Video Stream (Google Cardboard) ??

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

iPhone Live 360 Video Stream (Google Cardboard) ??

Postby AkkiDude78 » 28 Apr 2016, 16:43

Guys - I am attempting to get live 360 Video Feed on iPhone and hoping to see it immersive experience via Google Cardboard (i.e. gesture controlled based on head movement). I do not see live view option in SDK Sample App, was wondering if anyone has done it yet - and willing to share the code / app ??
AkkiDude78

Re: iPhone Live 360 Video Stream (Google Cardboard) ??

Postby AkkiDude78 » 28 Apr 2016, 20:42

I found some workaround interim -

Stream to YouTube via OBS as live event, watch on iPhone using Chrome (i.e. opening event ink). Youtube app though not perfect does a reasonably great job enabling gesture & give near real time 360 feed. It is not coming that great yet on googlecardboard yet, it is for some reason zoomed up a bit, may I messed OSB settings. I will have to see what to be done to fix that. For the time being this does meet my need.

However a direct app over wifi, might even smoother and better resolution hopefully. If any insights on that would be great. I started looking at code and hopefully will give it a try as well ..
AkkiDude78

Re: iPhone Live 360 Video Stream (Google Cardboard) ??

Postby codetricity » 29 Apr 2016, 02:34

I've been meaning to test this, but haven't had the time yet:

https://github.com/ricohapi/video-streaming-sample-app

I'm not sure what it does, but it might be interesting for you.
codetricity

Return to Development