I can´t transform videos to equirectangular

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

I can´t transform videos to equirectangular

Postby Cebadona » 09 Jul 2016, 22:53

Hello People, I have a serious problem regarthing my new Ricoh Theta S. I´ve been using it for 24 hours and when it comes to take/import pictures, everything works fine. But I cannot say the same thing with the videos. When I record a video with the camera, I can´t transform it to equirectangular, neither through the windows program nor the Android app. In the fist case, the "error VCP" appears (even when I open the file from de camera). In the last case (Android) the app just return me to a previous screen when I try to create an equirectangular video.

Right now I´m feeling kind of gloomy because of this situation, any help?
Thanks for your attention
Cebadona

Re: I can´t transform videos to equirectangular

Postby Svendus » 10 Jul 2016, 06:26

hi Cebadona
how do you convert the raw video in the RICOH THETA application ?
By dragging the video to the open window in the app ?

Regards Svendus
Svendus

Postby Cebadona » 10 Jul 2016, 22:01

Hello Svendus,
I tried both ways, dragging the video to the open window and using the "file-->Open" option. None of them worked.
Maybe it´s not related, but when the menu for exporting appears, instead of the symbol "/" appears a weird "Y" (I think it is the Yen symbol) when it rephers to paths. (for example: "C:YUsersYDocumentsY")
Cebadona

Postby MichaelEskin » 11 Jul 2016, 15:05

Did you try first copying the files off the camera to a directory on your computer, then dragging them on to the Theta program? That's how I do all my conversions. Don't worry about the yen symbols, I see that too.
MichaelEskin

Postby codetricity » 11 Jul 2016, 15:24

it may be helpful to put the THETA into "mass storage mode" before you transfer the videos. To enter mass storage mode, hold the shutter and wifi buttons down when you plug in the USB cable. The camera will appear as a USB drive.

Also, did you update the desktop application? I am using version 2.2.0. Under help, there is "check for newest version"
codetricity

Postby nicolas256 » 17 Mar 2019, 19:59

I also looking for the same help.
Can anyone help me? :?:
nicolas256

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA