issue with Twitter button on iPhone

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

issue with Twitter button on iPhone

Postby puntogeo » 22 Jul 2016, 14:40

Hi there,

It seems that I am facing some issue here with registering the iPhone SE app with my Twitter account despite things were smooth in the iPad 3. The iPhone is updated (9.3.3) as the apps (1.8.1) and the Twitter apps (both with two Twitter accounts) while the iPad is still at 9.3.2.

The Twitter buttons on the iPhone app just don't respond, i.e. they seem to be tapped but nothing occurs. I tried in Settings > Login (sorry if the names are different but my interface is not in English), with the button at the bottom of the settings and the sharing button from a sample picture.

Thanks for any idea you might have.

Giulio
puntogeo

Re: issue with Twitter button on iPhone

Postby puntogeo » 06 Aug 2016, 13:31

So, time elapsed, new versions of the app (1.9) and iOS (9.3.4) arrived but I am stuck with this issue on the iPhone. Boiled down, clicking the "Twitter" button, the button flashes but nothing happens.

And I am bit hesitant to move the iPad from iOS 9.3.2 since the Twitter sharing is working flawlessly over there. Not even sure if I am missing something basic or there is a bug in the app with the iPhone.

Any suggestion? Any Theta developer strolling by this forum?

Thanks in advance,

Giulio
puntogeo

Postby jcasman » 15 Aug 2016, 18:53

Not sure I can help @puntogeo but it seems to work for me, so I'll do what I can. I'm running iOS 9.3.4 and RICOH THETA S 1.9.1. Did you go into the settings in the RICOH THETA S app to set up Twitter? (The gear symbol, lower bottom right. It lists Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube.) If it's set up properly, it should then show your Twitter handle once it's confirmed or "Not set" if it's not.
jcasman

Postby puntogeo » 18 Aug 2016, 17:18

The issue disappeared with version 1.9.1. Now I can login also from the iPhone.

Thanks,

Giulio
puntogeo

Postby jcasman » 19 Aug 2016, 00:11

I like happy endings.
jcasman

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA