The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Editing a video on MAC

Postby JordanRudes » 06 Oct 2016, 22:14

Has anyone had success editing Theta S video with imovie on OSX and successfully getting it shared on YOUTUBE or facebook? I tried the Spacial Media Metadata application on the edited file but no luck... Thanks for any tips!
JordanRudes

Re: Editing a video on MAC

Postby codetricity » 07 Oct 2016, 22:34

many people use the Mac. Adobe Premiere Pro is the most common. I think Da Vinci Resolve also works https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

Are you mounting the THETA as storage device and then copying it onto your computer as a file? I think people have problems if they try to use auto-import on the Mac. Mount the THETA as a storage device by holding down the wifi and shutter buttons.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows 10.
codetricity

Re: Editing a video on MAC

Postby codetricity » 07 Oct 2016, 23:33

Here's how to mount the camera in mass storage mode.

• Live Streaming: Press and hold mode. While continuing to hold mode, press power.
  • Mass Storage: Press Wireless and Shutter. While continuing to hold these buttons, plug THETA into computer with USB cable. Camera will be powered off.
  • Self-Timer: Press and hold wireless. While continuing to hold wireless, press power. LED will be green.
codetricity

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA