The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Re: Theta S firmware update

Postby codetricity » 25 Mar 2016, 20:22

JimmyGunawan wrote:I
I think there are 2 issues here that I learn:
1) Never upgrade firmware with low battery(!). This Theta S has weird design that it is not really charging when plugged, depending on the mode. I think in order to complete charging, it needs to be unplugged from USB.

The THETA won't charge reliably from the USB port of most computers. You need to use a wall charger that outputs at least 1.5amps. The output of the computer USB is usually 0.5amp.

There are ways around this, but it's a common problem for the camera to be low on charge when it's not plugged into a wall charger regularly.
codetricity

Postby JosMonteiro » 25 Mar 2016, 20:48

codetricity wrote:I'm on Windows 10, 64 bit. When I plug the camera into a USB port, it automatically mounts as a hard disk. I'm not sure if this is the "correct" behavior, but this is what happens for me.

Thats my Windows version too. But dont happens for me.

codetricity wrote:One thing to try is to backup all your data from the camera onto your computer and then DELETE the files on the camera when you have it mounted as a hard disk. It's possible that a file is corrupted on the camera and is preventing the firmware upgrade. Once you've verified that you have all your media backed up, delete the files on the camera and reboot the camera, then try the firmware upgrade again.

I have to tray in other PC. Tomarow i tray im my sonh laptop.

codetricity wrote:If the firmware itself is corrupted, you'll need to contact RICOH. If the USB port on your camera is not fully functional, you'll also need to contact RICOH.

I hope not :o

Tks for help
JosMonteiro

Postby diegodp » 09 Apr 2016, 20:37

Any update here? I'm experiencing the same problem.

-5 beeps and flashing red when turning on the camera
-I tried charging and updating the firmware. I'm running the latest fw version 1.42
-Tried deleting the MISC and DCIM folders while connected via usb holding WIFI and shutter buttons before pluging in the USB cable.

I called Ricoh and they offer support in the US, but I live in Argentina. Bought the camera at B&H NY. So If you send it for repair they won't ship back to Argentina which is unacceptable.

I'm out of chances here.
diegodp

Postby LeeProbert » 26 Apr 2016, 05:06

I am seeing this issue on a MacBook Pro. Tried all the suggestions listed here. Still no luck getting it to update the firmware.

My issue is that the red memory warning light is on and won't turn off. The device has no media on it.

Why do companies like this build great hardware and then fuck it up with shitty software? I mean, Adobe Air?! Really? You can't afford to get native software built for both Windows & PC?
LeeProbert

Postby KarthiReva » 26 Apr 2016, 06:45

It was nice post,thanks for giving the excellent informations about these posts.
Dot Net training in Chennai
KarthiReva

Re: Theta S wont connect with Macbook. 2 red blinks

Postby AlexisAgelis » 03 Jun 2016, 10:41

When i connect to my mac i get 2 red flashes in the power led and no connection is made.

Any solution to this?

Regards Alexi
AlexisAgelis

Re: Theta S wont connect with Macbook. 2 red blinks

Postby jaysethan » 19 Jun 2016, 15:44

AlexisAgelis wrote:When i connect to my mac i get 2 red flashes in the power led and no connection is made.

Any solution to this?

Regards Alexi

Same for me. When I connect while holding the wifi and shutter buttons I get the red light on the power button and the camera, video and Live lights blinking but I don't see anything on my computer. I have the latest app on my computer and phone and when I connect via wifi on my phone it says I have firmware v 01.21. Is anyone still having these problems?
jaysethan

Postby diegodp » 27 Jul 2016, 21:15

Today I updated to 1.62 and suddenly my camera worked again. Took 2 pictures, turned off the camera on and off twice. Then again, 5 beeps and flashing red. Weird!! Not working again. Looks like the firmware update fixes it and something inside screws it. Ideas? I there any way to downgrade the firmware forcing it? Thanks!
diegodp

Postby diegodp » 27 Jul 2016, 22:49

UPDATE: When I connect it via USB to my computer (camera off) and turn it on, now the camera will work normally but the photos resulting are like corrupted (grainy pixelated). Video works just fine. I can unplug the camera from USB and it works but after I reboot the camera again, 5 beeps and red flashing light.
diegodp

Postby diegodp » 30 Jul 2016, 16:54

codetricity wrote:The /osc/info command is a GET command. The /osc/state command is a POST command.

You can force curl to use POST with -X POST.

Code: Select all
$ curl -X POST http://192.168.1.1/osc/state
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   212  100   212    0     0   1350      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  1503
{"fingerprint":"FIG_0003","
state":{
"sessionId":"SID_0000",
"batteryLevel":1.0,
"storageChanged":false,
"_captureStatus":"idle",
"_recordedTime":0,
"_recordableTime":0,
"_latestFileUri":"",
"_batteryState":"disconnect"}}

My Theta is returning with _batteryState": "disconnect"
What does it mean? I've found that when fully charged the camera will start normally and take good pictures but once I "reset" it and turn it on the result of the pictures are terrible and I only can make it work while connecting it to the USB cable via PC.
Could it be the battery? At least now I know how to make it work, but of course this camera is buggy.
diegodp

Postby AYTeguhPranoto » 10 Sep 2016, 13:43

Once I have succeeded the fixed even though two warning box appeared one battery one failure, but now it go back again that my Theta S cannot be ON. Anyone can share another method of fix?
AYTeguhPranoto

Postby TheProgrammerGuy » 04 Dec 2016, 01:40

i am also getting the ""FUPE0000002, FUP"" failure. Windows 10 64bit. Is there a solution for this?
TheProgrammerGuy

Postby LouiseCharlton » 23 Apr 2019, 13:05

Thanks for the great tips.
LouiseCharlton

Postby neoneon » 18 May 2019, 07:22

Yep, was getting the same FUPE0000002, FUP error when trying all USB ports on two separate MacBook Pros. Failed every time.

Luckily I've got a Windows gaming PC. The update worked there.

Janky, Ricoh. Janky
neoneon

Postby Maximil39258923 » 22 Jul 2019, 16:29

That's nice to see that LED technology growing up. So soon we will swap all the lamps to LED. In this way, we will get a really good quality of light systems and can save much more electricity. This technology reminds me one startup http://www.monocrystal.com who also do some new combination of crystals and LED to get new opportunities. It will be pretty cool when they will change typilal LED to completely new LED technology!
Maximil39258923

Previous

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA