Beeping and "memory full"

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Beeping and "memory full"

Postby BrendenMurphy » 02 Jun 2016, 18:59

I keep trying to delete the files from my theta but this keeps being an issue. There is nothing on the camera.... yet it says I only have 54 mb left? Is this a firmware issue
BrendenMurphy

Re: Beeping and "memory full"

Postby zokko » 08 Jul 2016, 11:02

I have had two cameras where the storage capacity has reduced from the stated 8GB. I have contacted Ricoh support (in Europe) on both occasions. The first time it was suggested that I reformat the card - which I did - but that ended up with a totally unresponsive camera. Fortunately I was able to return it to Amazon.
I noticed that the replacement camera has also now lost all but 400MB of storage capacity. I have verified that it is not just an incorrect indication - the camera will only record under 2 minutes of video now.
I believe that I am loosing the capacity when I delete files on the camera via the Mac (OSX) Finder (file manager) function when the camera is connected to my Mac Book Pro via the USB cable.
When a file on the camera is deleted, the space taken by the file is not released for reuse. I guess that it is something to do with the File Allocation Table being updated but other markers not being? I am in IT but not an expert storage 'techie'.
Ricoh European Support referred my issue to their second line support but all they can come up with is:
"Due to uniqueness of the problem you are experiencing with your Theta S camera we suggest you to contact your dealer and let him test your camera at the store."

I have since questioned them on whether they actually have access to any Mac kit - they have not referred to being able (or not) to test my hypothesis.

Your post indicates to me that I am correct in believing that this is not a unique problem - it has happened on two different cameras for me and you seem to have lost storage capacity on your camera too.

Have you found any remedy - or does anyone else know how to restore storage capacity on the Theta S?
zokko

Postby FelipeQuintero » 10 Sep 2016, 13:04

Unfortunetly I have had the same problem, The memory capacity reduces from 8Gb to 2 Gb. Your hypotesis might be true, because I did the same procedure through my MAC, deleting the files direct with Finder, and not with de Theta App.
But then, What can we do? Is it possible reset the full camera?
FelipeQuintero

Postby Svendus » 10 Jan 2017, 17:39

Hi Guys
We had this discussion ealier here on developers.theta.com
but check this link to a tread on the lists.theta360.guide/ forum

Regards Svendus
Svendus

Postby Svendus » 29 Jan 2017, 17:58

Hi Guys please spread this message among Mac THETA users

to get rid of the hidden .trash folder on your THETA that have eaten up your space
simply connect the THETA to Your mac and Empty the Trashcan on the mac
the hidden .trash folder on the THETA are also removed. :mrgreen:
and you get back the original space.

Regards Svendus
Svendus

Email Marketing India

Postby Valenti83395784 » 14 Nov 2018, 20:15

Email Marketing India is best for online businesses, generate leads and earn profit through our service.
Valenti83395784

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA