Viewing Still images on website

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Viewing Still images on website

Postby KeithHarris » 19 Jun 2016, 12:49

Hi

I am trying to work out how to view still images taken on the Ricoh onto a website and still keep the 360° appearance? Is it possible to view these images without the Ricoh software and app? At the moment on a PC screen looks like I'm looking at the images through a goldfish bowl, is there anyway to change this?

Thanks
Last edited by KeithHarris on 20 Jun 2016, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
KeithHarris

Re: Viewing Still images on website

Postby TH3W3BGUY » 19 Jun 2016, 15:04

Flickr supports 360 photosphere and you can embed the image into any website.

If your using Wordpress you can try Cardboard https://wordpress.org/plugins/cardboard/ Its a great plugin for 360. I use it all the time more then Flickr.

Finally Facebook allows 360 images and video, so if you have a page or group you can post individual post on them. Nothing yet for posting to a website.

Google photos allows 360 photos too, but nothing simple for posting on a webpage.

Check out my Demos of Flickr and Cardboard here http://oasisdigitalhd.com/360-images/
TH3W3BGUY

Re: Viewing Still images on website

Postby KeithHarris » 20 Jun 2016, 08:40

Hi

Thanks very much your reply. Please can you tell me how I use Flickr to show 360 photos? I am doing this for a client who wants a virtual tour of some of his boats and he doesn't use WordPress. Can I still use Flickr without the WordPress plug-in?

I cannot find any information on how to set up these 360° photos on Flickr so if you could tell me how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the photos need touching up so how can I do this without losing the metadata that turns it into a panoramic image?

Thanks
KeithHarris

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA