The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Small Space

Postby VBasir » 01 Jul 2015, 15:45

Hi guys,

I'm thrilled about the new Ricoh Theta m15! I think this camera is perfect for some services I want to offer to my clients, which are shooting inside cars (say 360x180 inside car).
Before I'll buy the camera I would like to know if someone had already did some shoots inside a car ? What do you think? How about the results?

Can someone post a simple demo or takes a simple picture of the car's dashboard with the theta place on the arm please?

Like these https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=Equirectangular%20panorama%20car but shooted with the Theta :)

Thanks
VBasir

Re: Small Space

Postby mbirth » 01 Jul 2015, 22:27

Try this one or this one. There are many more on YouTube.

But remember that this is video resolution, so only 1920x1080. If you take still pictures, the resolution will be better.
mbirth

Postby VBasir » 02 Jul 2015, 01:41

Hi mbirth,

thanks a lot for the links. I tried (I took a screenshot of the videos and I made the pano) it looks just good but I need a different point of view: in these videos the camera is too much close to the windshield. What I need to see is the camera located between the seats like here: http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/interactive_photography/sports_cars/ford-mustang-shelby-super-snake.php so to view the dashboard....

I have searched over youtube and google, but it seems nobody in the world has thought this kind of image with the Theta...

Do you mind to take a simple picture in a car with your theta between the seats please? Maybe using the app so nobody is in the picture?

:)
VBasir

Postby mbirth » 27 Jul 2015, 10:25

mbirth

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA