Use if Selfie Stick with Bluetooth

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Use if Selfie Stick with Bluetooth

Postby anotherjavadude » 13 Jul 2015, 07:02

I screw the theta on a selfie stick to hold upon my head (which looks ridiculous enough..).
Using a Samsung S5 the sticks Bluetooth button does not trigger the shot (unlike for the regular camera app) but triggers the volume (up). Anyone got a workaround for this ? Otherwise I need to build my own app for it.... :geek:
This way could use the camera with the smartphone without actually holding it in the hand.
cheers
Sven
anotherjavadude

Re: Use if Selfie Stick with Bluetooth

Postby mbirth » 13 Jul 2015, 09:56

Tasker and AutoInput can help here.

Make a Tasker profile which reacts on "Vol up" presses (Plugin -> AutoInput -> Button press) and taps the shutter button in the Theta app (Plugin -> AutoInput -> Action).
mbirth

Postby HiTec » 07 Jun 2016, 07:12

Can you please give some more information about those programs. I don't quite get your instructions above. Thank YOU
HiTec

Postby GuidoCortez » 14 Nov 2017, 07:15

I would prefer a handheld gimbal rather than a simple stick.
GuidoCortez

Postby GregoryStainton » 12 Jun 2018, 21:07

I have read a couple of reviews regarding the blue tooth selfie stick. We do a lot of filming and add many hours to our editing and were looking for an option of turning the Theta on and off from the stick handle. Reviews say the Theta Blue Tooth Selfie Stick does not work at all. Most like the stick itself but can't get the blue tooth functionality out of it. Has anything been corrected since December of last year?
GregoryStainton

Postby Blackjack » 14 Jun 2018, 10:43

I'm in Hong Kong right now and figured I should get myself a selfie stick to get in on this digital narcissism craze. Tried a friend's iOS/Android remote and on 10.3.1.831, it pairs but doesn't trigger the shutter. Works on both a Samsung S4 and iPhone 5 so yes, it's a Blackberry problem. I haven't tried the wired version though that supposedly work on iPhone only.

Although I'd say Blackberry has slightly more important priorities than building in a selfie-stick-remote-trigger. I can live without one. Seriously. It'll help the world with one less selfie - for god kills a kitten each time a selfie is taken.

Postby egrats » 15 Oct 2018, 20:17

Hello!
I wanted to ask the apple experts ...
A couple of weeks ago, I brought iPhone 4 from the states, naturally locked with a AT & T sim card. I called a couple of offices and said that if so recently purchased, then most likely the latest firmware is needed, which has not been hacked yet, but I don’t know how to check the firmware! (In this regard, there are a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to connect an unlocked iPhone to a computer, it will not affect or break it?
2) Is it possible to find out the firmware version by model?

Model A1332
egrats

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA