Moviemaker/Youtube Tip for Still Photos

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Moviemaker/Youtube Tip for Still Photos

Postby RogerRowlett » 07 Aug 2015, 17:01

Nothing can really beat the elegance of the Theta view for still photos. I wanted to pass along a method I used to post stills on Youtube using the regular PC Movie Maker and Youtube's PC program for handling photospheres.

I just import the Theta .jpg photo and then change the duration of the photo to 2 minutes or so. Then I save it as a mp4.

I inject the mp4 with Youtube 360's metadata program and save it as a new name.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en

I then upload the file to youtube.

The video doesn't rotate like the Theta viewer and there's a small black spot at the top and bottom and a small black vertical line. But otherwise it remains interactive with youtube's 360 commands.
RogerRowlett

Re: Moviemaker/Youtube Tip for Still Photos

Postby BEEW2015 » 08 Aug 2015, 08:45

I've been using a similar method (with Picasa) to make 360 slideshows. Since the automatic dimensions of videos made by MovieMaker/Picasa etc are not optimal for 360, the black parts have to be removed. I use Handbrake to change the format to 1920x960. It automatically detects and removes the black bars, and then I add YouTube metadata to the converted file.
BEEW2015

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA