How to properly view a 360 taken horizontally?

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

How to properly view a 360 taken horizontally?

Postby RobdEstrube » 05 Jul 2019, 04:48

Hi All,
I stuck my Theta V out of a train car platform on the end of a pole to shoot a scene on the Whitepass and Yukon RR. The camera orientation was at about 45 degrees. I Got a shot that looks ok ( sadly a bit dark but that's a setting issue ) until I try to play it normally on screen. The rotation is all askew and won't allow me to pan straight horizontally and it always wants to curve and roll off downward. I can't get a normal playback. Is there something I need to know about shooting with the camera horizonal or at an odd angle and then playing it back?

Also, there is a big difference in the way the horizontal original file plays ( badly ) and the way the Photoshopped optimized version ( jpeg) plays: even worse. Does optimizing an image in Photoshop and saving as a jpeg change or lose any of the metadata or instructions for playback?

Thanks for your help, Rob d'Estrube
RobdEstrube

Re: How to properly view a 360 taken horizontally?

Postby ChristineDalton » 13 Jul 2019, 13:18

This lone take horizontally circular images, which you can judge by the example pictures underneath. As you can envision, the yield can't be a full display when you just go sideways. In the event that you'd, in any case, prefer to give them a shot for standard roundabout Panos or locate an alright option in contrast to your phone's worked in pano camera, look at them beneath.
ChristineDalton

Re: How to properly view a 360 taken horizontally?

Postby tonnyken » 17 Jul 2019, 07:34

I will have to follow you, the information you bring is very real, reflecting correctly and objectively, it is very useful for society to grow together. slither io
tonnyken

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA