Best Way to Edit Photos on PC

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Best Way to Edit Photos on PC

Postby gaza4 » 10 Aug 2016, 18:10

So I can use the Theta+ app on my phone to edit my 360 photos, create tint planets, manipulate the perspective etc but there seems to be no easy way to do this on a PC. The PC app allows me to move the image around as I like but there is no way to export the image as a regular jpeg. What are peoples solutions???
gaza4

Re: Best Way to Edit Photos on PC

Postby Svendus » 11 Aug 2016, 08:07

Pano2VR5
are our favorite it works on Windows,Mac and Linux
Svendus

Postby gaza4 » 11 Aug 2016, 21:05

Svendus wrote:Pano2VR5
are our favorite it works on Windows,Mac and Linux

cant seem to get the images i want from that program, also dont wanna have to pay for it to have unwatermarked images. Ricoh need to make a desktop version of their phone app...
gaza4

Postby Svendus » 18 Aug 2016, 06:08

Pano2VR can actuarily create the Output that you are after :!:
PhotoShop can also edit 360 Photo Spheres
but you must practice to learn these advanced applications
if you are going for free Software
i think you should go for a Viewer and Screen capture
FSPViewer can only view 360 image files. But the GoPro VR Player can also view equirectangular video files and You can have a lot of fun
The example Video are a Screen-cast from a THETA S video in GoPro VR Player :)
Svendus

Postby codetricity » 18 Aug 2016, 17:18

Cool, did you use something like OBS to grab the video from your computer screen? Is there any way to output from GoPro VR Player to a video file directly? Nice find.

That was so cool that I created a little tutorial as a test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSXO85gE4I
codetricity

Postby Svendus » 18 Aug 2016, 20:50

Hi codetricity we are using Camtasia Studio to record the Screen on Mac and Windows
if you have a 4 or 5K screen it is possible to make a 4K Theta Video :!: and the quality stands because the THETA lenses are very sharp in the middle.
we use a cheap RØDE mic and record the audio with the RØDE recording app on an iPhone
the Audio are synced with the Video later in the Video editing Software
You can even make a THETA S Little planet Video with a droplet in Pano2VR
Martin Hopkins on Garden Gnome Software show this on this video https://youtu.be/ZFUbGGy4SnE
But it takes a lot of dish space to create a small Video
and You cannot go steeples into tunnel view

By the way i cannot get the Youtube tag to work here on the forum [YouTube]ZFUbGGy4SnE[/YouTube]
Svendus

Postby codetricity » 18 Aug 2016, 23:08

Thank you for your information. I have included it here:

http://lists.theta360.guide/t/creating-tiny-planet-videos-on-your-desktop-workstation/200

Svendus wrote:By the way i cannot get the Youtube tag to work here on the forum [YouTube]ZFUbGGy4SnE[/YouTube]

We have been testing a discussion and email system based on Discourse. Discourse is popular and allows the use of embedded YouTube videos. We are considering recommending to RICOH that they move this current forum to Discourse. Please take a look at the features of Discourse and let me know if this is a good idea or not. As you're very active in the forum, your opinion is important.

Just to let you know, we've been asked by a key RICOH manager to make recommendations on how to improve the forum features to make it friendlier to developers. He's aware that one of the options we will propose is to move this forum to Discourse. The move is not decided yet.

We are just collecting feedback now.

The link to the post above is from the proposed system. Feel free to create an account. I can even give you an advanced trust level as leader and moderator privileges if you're interested in testing those features. If you're interested, send me a message on the new system (my account is codetricity).

Your opinion and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
codetricity

Postby jcasman » 18 Aug 2016, 23:48

Hey @Svendus, thanks for posting the YouTube Little Planet video. This was a nice combination of RICOH THETA and software hints plus a fun backyard stroll. And, yes, it's called "watering." :D
jcasman

Postby Svendus » 19 Aug 2016, 09:35

Thank you Guys
OT:
We are running a Swedish Ubuntu forum
we actually started with phpBB but converted it later to vBulletin®
it is highly Recommended, Advanced but easy to use
Ricoh THETA was the first 360 Camera on the market it should have the best 360 User forum
on the WWW
You can Contact me here if you want further info :D
Svendus

Postby codetricity » 19 Aug 2016, 13:47

Thank you for all your help and advice.

We looked at vBulletin, but thought that Discourse was newer and had momentum behind it. No decision has been made to move this forum.

Ubuntu has a vBulletin forum that they attempted to move to Discourse. Their move failed, though their Discourse community is still up and running for now. They are now considering to stop both of the forums and just use StackOverflow ask Ubuntu.

As the traffic for this forum is low, we are hoping that a move would be feasible. If we moved, this forum would stay up and the link from https://developers.theta360.com/en/ would link to the new forum. This is just for discussion now. We're only in the collecting feedback phase.

Thank you.
codetricity

Postby Svendus » 19 Aug 2016, 14:23

All right it should be posible
Importing from phpBB3 to Discourse
Svendus

Postby codetricity » 19 Aug 2016, 14:53

Svendus wrote:All right it should be possible
Importing from phpBB3 to Discourse

thank you again for your help. I was not thinking of importing the existing phpBB3 forum information over. However, now I am. I will look into proposing this. My concern is that I don't have admin access to this forum on phpBB3 right now and I would need to request for some time for a RICOH engineer, which might be a barrier.

Again, we are only in the discussion phase of planning right now. No decision has been made.

Regarding the original thread of discussion on editing software on the PC, someone recommended

Insta360 Studio

codetricity

Postby FranzSdoutz » 20 Aug 2016, 09:01

AND there's allways Photoshop ...
FREE Flexify 2 Photoshop plug-in from Flaming Pear. http://flamingpear.com/flexify-2.html can do much more than stereographic projections (little planets). For extensive anamorphic mappings (ways to flatten a sphere) watch: https://goo.gl/HnmbIS
FranzSdoutz

Postby ClausvanMierlo » 03 Sep 2016, 11:52

Check this link where you will find all info (I think) you are looking for:
https://developers.theta360.com/en/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=482
ClausvanMierlo

Postby RichardGore » 05 Nov 2018, 12:45

Hi,You can try PhotoViewerPro program. Its very simple and user friendly.Hope you guys will enjoy 8-) Cheers!!
RichardGore

Postby JeremyHugg » 14 Nov 2018, 17:48

Thanks Guys :) :) :) :) :)
Let me share my experience. Hopefully, you can also enjoy this one having great features named as PhotoViewerPro
JeremyHugg

Postby ScottRagin » 08 Feb 2019, 08:40

I use Luminar 3 as a library and plugin for photoshop. Overall I'm quite satisfied with it. Also, there are plenty of cool guides and tutorials on the blog. For instance here is a cool guide to couple poses photography. Don't mention it =)
ScottRagin

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA