How to run theta-sample-for-android in Android Studio?

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

How to run theta-sample-for-android in Android Studio?

Postby bigboss97 » 18 Jul 2015, 02:17

I've setup the Android Studio and followed a tutorial. My test app is working in the emulator.
Now I want to try ricoh-theta-sample-for-android. I opened it in Android Studio. The Run button is disabled. I tried to rebuild it and got the message "All files are up-to-date".
I'm an absolute newbie in app development. Any advice?

Thanks
Phuoc
bigboss97

[Resolved] How to run theta-sample-for-android in Android Studio?

Postby bigboss97 » 25 Jul 2015, 05:47

I think the sample app is an Eclipse project. I had to use import instead of open. It got converted and is working now! :mrgreen:
bigboss97

Re: How to run theta-sample-for-android in Android Studio?

Postby johnrex » 08 Jun 2017, 09:27

bigboss97 wrote:I've setup the Android Studio and followed a tutorial. My test app is working in the emulator.
Now I want to try ricoh-theta-sample-for-android. I opened it in Android Studio. The Run button is disabled. I tried to rebuild it and got the message "All files are up-to-date".
I'm an absolute newbie in android app development. Any advice?

Thanks
Phuoc

Android Studio provides a selection of code samples and templates for you to use to accelerate your app development. Browse sample code to learn how to build different components for your applications.
Last edited by johnrex on 12 Oct 2017, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
johnrex

Postby AvtarKumar » 14 Jun 2017, 12:58

bigboss97 wrote:I've setup the Android Studio and followed a tutorial. My test app is working in the emulator.

Thanks
Phuoc

There are code samples and templates already available in android studio to run your samples. Please check it again.
AvtarKumar

Postby DeborahSalina17 » 15 Jun 2017, 11:37

johnrex wrote:
Thanks
Phuoc

Android Studio provides a selection of code samples and templates for you to use to accelerate your app development. Browse sample code to learn how to build different components for your applications.

First, create an Android Virtual Device (AVD) which specifies the characteristics of an Android phone, tablet, wear or TV.
For creating an AVD Definition first launch the AVD Manager (Tools->Android->AVDManager). Click the Virtual device in your "Your Virtual Devices screen". Select the hardware screen and click next. Now in the system image screen, click download and agree to the terms. Once the download is complete, select the image from the list and click next. Click Finish. In your virtual devices' screen, select the device you created and click Launch this AVD in the emulator.
Now, while the emulator starts up, close the AVD Manager window and return to your project to run the app. Once it is booted up, click the app module in the project window and click run.
Finally, in the Select Deployment Target window, select the emulator and click ok.
If you need guidance on how to develop Android project, don't hesitate to seek help from mobile app development vaughan
DeborahSalina17

Postby AvtarKumar » 17 Oct 2017, 06:28

Now I want to try ricoh-theta-sample-for-android. I opened it in Android app Studio. The Run button is disabled. I tried to rebuild it and got the message "All files are up-to-date".

Thanks
Phuoc

You can use the samples browser to select, preview, and import one or more sample apps as projects. You can also browse the source code through GitHub.

1. Select File > New > Import Sample.
2. Use the search box or the scroll bar to browse the samples.
3. When you find a sample that interests you, highlight it and take a look at the preview.
4. If you want to import it as a project, click Next and then Finish.
AvtarKumar

Postby WisTech » 05 Feb 2019, 21:41

I've found a helpful article regarding your issue. Look here: https://github.com/theta360developers/theta360developers.github.io/blob/master/guide.adoc
This article will help all the new App Developers.
WisTech

Postby UmarSaeed » 25 Mar 2019, 08:35

Hi, Is there anyway to develop an app from a website without designing the app interface separately? I design responsive websites so I dont want to put extra effort of app design. Do you think its a good idea?
UmarSaeed

Postby ZhenHenry » 03 Apr 2019, 08:31

Not sure. I think you should ask this question in github also. Android developer for hire
are always active there for any help related to Android app development.
ZhenHenry

Postby themarksmith » 11 May 2019, 08:07

UmarSaeed wrote:Hi, Is there anyway to develop an app from a website without designing the app interface separately? I design responsive websites so I dont want to put extra effort of app design. Do you think its a good idea?

No, it's not a good idea at all, Mobile Apps are playing a vital role in our lives. Especially for business persons.
themarksmith

Return to Development