Help with uploading videos

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Help with uploading videos

Postby BrianGibson » 29 Jul 2016, 00:41

I have made multiple attempts to upload a video from a new Theta S to both FaceBook and YouTube. In every case, the video is not displayed in 360 format. I'm at a loss as to why I'm having this problem. Please help. Here's the link to the video on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/lxRIA5ibqpI
The steps I have taken using both a mac and a windows 10 PC are as follows:
1) transfer the video file from the Theta S to the computer.
2) drop the file into the Theta S program for conversion (which is successful)
3) upload the converted file to either FaceBook or YouTube
4) both services seem to identify the file as being 360. FaceBook shows the 360 controls tab when uploading and gives an error message when trying to view the file on my timeline saying it can't be viewed in this browser. I'm using the latest Chrome and am able to view other 360 videos on FaceBook.
5) When I selected the edit video dropdown in the video manager in YouTube, it gave me a warning stating that any edits would make the 360 video not viewable.
6) I even tried uploading a file to YouTube after injecting metadata even though I understand this is not necessary if no edits have been made.

What am I missing? Thanks for all assistance.
BrianGibson

Re: Help with uploading videos

Postby BrianGibson » 29 Jul 2016, 18:51

OK, I just uploaded a different (and much smaller) video file to YouTube using the same steps as before. This one worked perfectly. The difference in the file sizes is 41mb for the one that worked and 278mb for the one that didn't. Obviously, the larger one is still way below the stated maximum video file size. Any ideas as to why the larger one is not displaying properly?
BrianGibson

Postby BrianGibson » 29 Jul 2016, 20:03

One last update and clarification. In the previous comment the smaller file that worked was uploaded to a different YouTube account than the larger one that has not been working. I tried uploading the larger file to the second YouTube account, and it worked! So then I tried uploading the smaller file to the original YouTube account, and it did not work! So, bottom line, the problem seems to be totally related to the original YouTube account. Does anyone know of any setting one can make in a YouTube account that would cause 360 videos uploaded to that account to not be recognized properly?
BrianGibson

Postby RoseRogers » 27 Oct 2018, 07:33

When you ask your question to add a video, you can post a link to it in detail, and the video will show. You add video calling, only 3 will show how the video is more than just dead links. The photo goes to your saved photos more detailed info, no video option is displayed in the "Ask a question" field. Question: add a photo saved on your computer, click “Photo” and download it from the saved files to your computer.You must add a photo before submitting a question. Below is how to add a video, this is from a remote question.
RoseRogers

Postby Mnadeem » 12 Dec 2018, 11:37

I made some videos at home because I wanted to upload them but the problem lies in the uploading. I don’t know any proper source through where I could upload them; neither do I know how to do it. I need some help regarding this matter if anyone out there helps me how to do it, it would be very helpful. I actually want careers booster review and there will be good and most relevant piece of information contained here for us.
Mnadeem

Postby dali1982 » 03 Jan 2019, 09:57

One last update and clarification. In the previous comment the smaller file that worked was uploaded to a different YouTube account than the larger one that has not been working Codycross
dali1982

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA