The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

about photo problem

Postby yuhsun » 03 Nov 2016, 05:13

hi, I have some problem, As the picture shows.
http://imgur.com/a/zsGYo

Because the sun brightness is too high, Lead to the photo can't see clearly.

How can solve the problem?

Photoshop? or camera setting? Could you give me some advice :cry: ?

Thank you.
yuhsun

Re: about photo problem

Postby NFGphoto » 04 Nov 2016, 21:20

If you're asking about the sun being so bright there's a region where everything is white, well... There are a few things you can do, but everything's a compromise.

Camera's have a limited 'dynamic range'. They can only capture a small range of light, and certainly not everything from sunlight to the darkest shadows. So you have to choose what's important to you: Do you want to capture the sun area, or everything else?

You can use the camera's exposure compensation, and set it to a negative amount, to darken the whole scene. You may capture the sun area, but everything else will be very dark. You might use photoshop to brighten those areas later, but the image quality may suffer.

Try a scene where the sun isn't visible. Move the camera so the sun is behind something, or take the shot when the sun is lower and appears darker.

Photography is the art of compromise, especially in 360 degrees. =)

Good luck!
NFGphoto

Postby yuhsun » 07 Nov 2016, 06:16

Thank you ! NFGphoto :D

I want to take such a photo
https://theta360.com/spheres/samples/2bf2cbb0-89ee-11e6-bbb7-064087ff3472-1

Everything is so clearly :cry:

How can do that?
yuhsun

Postby soap94 » 10 May 2019, 17:02

I would recommend to buy a latest version of PS and fix it. I believe it is a camera issue. Prices for license are quite low now, you can check them here - cheap OEM soft.
soap94

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA