Recording in ProRes unable to bring footage from premiere back into the theta software for stitching.

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

Recording in ProRes unable to bring footage from premiere back into the theta software for stitching.

Postby LukeSoanes » 29 Dec 2015, 08:44

Hello does anybody have a workflow or export settings for getting footage out of premiere pro and bringing it into the theta software for sticking?

I'm shooting the footage via hdmi recording on atomos ninja assassin. The files are ProRes, so I'm editing and color grading the pro res files. Exporting as either MP4 or mov and still cannot get the theta software to accept my files.

Error is - "Failed to convert video (VCPE0000001)

Any help would be much appreciated.
LukeSoanes

Re: Recording in ProRes unable to bring footage from premiere back into the theta software for stitching.

Postby mbirth » 29 Dec 2015, 14:01

From the experience of other people, I believe the Theta Software relies on the data stream with the camera orientation information and denies any work for files without that. So you should record everything with the Theta camera, stitch it with the software and THEN cut the video into pieces.
mbirth

Re: Recording in ProRes unable to bring footage from premiere back into the theta software for stitching.

Postby LukeSoanes » 30 Dec 2015, 04:38

Thank you for the reply. Is there any way to pull the info from the file and add that metadata to the project in premiere?
I've found the externally recorded video to be a lot cleaner and better for color grading.
LukeSoanes

Postby mbirth » 30 Dec 2015, 17:23

You might be able to do so with ffmpeg. But I don't know how the stream is build or how the data is encoded, so I don't know how to cut it into the required length.
mbirth

Postby StevePearce » 13 Mar 2016, 03:11

@LukeSoanes did you find a solution to the Meta Data problem? I'm also very interested in recording from the HDMI.
StevePearce

Postby jackiee_jacky » 18 Dec 2018, 12:13

Hi everyone. I just got a Ricoh Theta S and I finally understand how to import the stirched files in Premiere. Now it's time for phase 2 and I'm kind stuck. What I'd like to do is, basically, record four takes: for every take the camera will be in the same position but I'm gonna be at a different angle (front, 90 right, back, 90 left): what I want to do is stitch the four movies together so to have a 360 movie in which I'm there 4 times. I know it can be done cause I've seen it online, and for a normal video it would be easy, with some cropping. How can I do it in 360 ?

Thanks a lot
No1 Punjabi Newspaper 2019
Latest Punjabi Newspaper 2019
jackiee_jacky

Return to Development