Compiled error with ruby motion

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

Compiled error with ruby motion

Postby Valcy12 » 16 Aug 2017, 09:46

Hello I want to use the ricoh theta in an application in rubymotion but I have a mistake during the compilation and I wanted to know if you could help me

Here is my code
Code: Select all
$:.unshift("/Library/RubyMotion/lib")
require 'motion/project/template/ios'
require 'rubygems'
require 'afmotion'
require 'bubble-wrap/all'
require 'motion-cocoapods'
require 'xcodeproj'

begin
  require 'bundler'
  Bundler.require
rescue LoadError
end

Motion::Project::App.setup do |app|
  # Use `rake config' to see complete project settings.

app.name = 'app_envisite'
  app.info_plist['NSAppTransportSecurity'] = { 'NSAllowsArbitraryLoads' => true }
  app.icons = ["images.png"]
  app.frameworks += %w(
    OpenGLES
    GLKit
    Accelerate
    CoreGraphics
    Foundation
    ImageIO
    UIKit
  )
  app.vendor_project("vendor/RICOH_THETA_SDK_for_iOS.0.3.0/ricoh-theta-sample-for-ios", :xcode,
    :xcodeproj => "ricoh-theta-sample-for-ios.xcodeproj",
    :target => "ricoh-theta-sample-for-ios",
    :headers_dir => "ricoh-theta-sample-for-ios")

app.pods :headers_dir => 'Headers/AFNetworking' do
    pod "AFNetworking"
    use_frameworks!
  end
end

And here is the error that it returns me

ERROR! Building vendor project `vendor/RICOH_THETA_SDK_for_iOS.0.3.0/ricoh-theta-sample-for-ios' failed to create at least one `.a' or `.framework' library.

Thanks
Valcy12

Re: Compiled error with ruby motion

Postby codetricity » 18 Aug 2017, 16:21

Hi, I am completely unfamiliar with RubyMotion.

I believe that SDK v0.1.2 (v2 SDK) is the most recent version. Is there a reason you're using the v0.3.0 iOS SDK (original v1 SDK)?

Can you compile the SDK natively with XCode without using RubyMotion?

I went through the FAQ and it looks interesting. I don't quite understand how you're display the images and video in your mobile app.

Are you making GET and POST commands directly from Ruby? Or, does it someone compile the existing iOS SDK and then runs the existing iOS SDK app alongside Ruby?

If you using Ruby as a script to make POST and GET requests directly, there are several examples for both Python and JavaScript, including using JavaScript with Cordova.

Cordova

http://lists.theta360.guide/t/building-cordova-apps-for-ricoh-theta-360-images/963
Another example

The advantage of JavaScript is that it's easier to display the 360 images and video.

Not to be dismissive of Ruby, but I did just want to let you know about the level of support for JavaScript so that you can make an informed decision.

360 theta image with particles

Particle test created by middle school student for a THETA workshop.

THETA product manager at workshop. Uses A-frame and spherical menus

Electron for desktop apps

codetricity

Postby Valcy12 » 21 Aug 2017, 14:07

Hello, thank you for your reply

I use rubymotion because it is native and I am basic a developer in ruby. I use both versions of sdk to see if it was not obselete and if it could work but without success.
I can compile sdk without rubymotion but with it's more complicated. I apply for GET and POST from my app.
I will take a look at what you send me to see and I can get an idea of how to use it

I'll keep you informed
Valcy12

Postby codetricity » 21 Aug 2017, 22:09

Thank you for your explanation. So, it seems like the main reason you need the native iOS SDK is to display the 360 images? It's cool that RubyMotion has this type of technology.

Is it possible to write your entire app in Ruby except for the 360 image display and then use JavaScript for that portion of the application?

Can you build your RubyMotion application with the Google VR View sample app for iOS?

https://developers.google.com/vr/ios/vr-view

It's going to be fairly straightforward to use Ruby to take pictures with the camera and then download the images. The tricky part is to display it.
codetricity

Postby Valcy12 » 22 Aug 2017, 12:52

Ben to get even more explanations, rubymotion possede the same syntax as objective-c (I can partly 'inspire' but not on everything) and rubymotion can also use lib cocoapods as well as lib more personal.

I did not think of this other solution as my framework allowed me to use xcode for simulations but your idea on ruby and javascript is interesting.

There is also rubymotionquery (rmq), jquery for ruby in sum I will also lean towards this solution the.

Thanks for your reply I keep you informed of the result.
Valcy12

Postby codetricity » 23 Aug 2017, 18:04

Thanks for the update. I'm learning a little bit about RubyMotion and RubyMotionQuery from your posts. That looks like a great interface and toolset. I hope you'll be able to get the 360 image displayed. Let us know how it goes. :D
codetricity

Postby Valcy12 » 24 Aug 2017, 08:02

OK no problem I had problems with my pc but I can get back to work I keep you up to date :D
Valcy12

Postby Valcy12 » 11 Sep 2017, 09:12

I have been looking for my side and I wanted to know if it is possible to use the sdk in another way?
Valcy12

Postby SaraMalik » 07 Apr 2019, 15:01

Thank you for your explanation. So, it seems like the main reason you need the native iOS SDK is to display the 360 images? It's cool that RubyMotion has this type of technology.
Rescue
SaraMalik

Return to Development