Theta V - Bluetooth remote shooting does not work

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Theta V - Bluetooth remote shooting does not work

Postby maxmillian » 05 Oct 2017, 20:22

Hi,

I've connected Theta V to iPhone 7 (iOS11) via Bluetooth and I can see the connection, but I am unable to remote shoot any pictures as the App says "Cannot connect to camera, check the wireless settings" while I can see Connection status: Bluetooth and even the Camera name there.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it supposed to work like that? The documentation suggest yes.

Thanks, Max
maxmillian

Re: Theta V - Bluetooth remote shooting does not work

Postby maxmillian » 05 Oct 2017, 21:12

Ha, nevermind. Firmware update fixed that and I can use remote shooting via BT now!
maxmillian

Postby MarkTheCaz » 16 Oct 2017, 16:09

Hey, saw your post. I'm having the same issues on Android, only haven't got as far as you.
I really want the ability to just connect to my Theta by bluetooth. Aim is to shoot a series of pictures without burning battery, and I don't really need a preview. My theta V seems not to appear to my phone, and the connection to the ThetaV app seems to be wifi only (which works well, albeit with picture flickering). am running the latest firmware, anyone know a fix?
MarkTheCaz

Postby wispcat » 03 Nov 2017, 08:17

Android too...I can find Theta V in Bluetooth list, but never successfully pairing it. :-(
wispcat

Postby Pseudothink » 12 Nov 2017, 05:34

Ditto. I've successfully connected the Theta V (running the Oct. 24, 2017, Version 1.10.1 firmware) to my Nexus 7 (running Android 6.0.1) via wifi, but I'm unable to get the Bluetooth connection working. My Nexus 7 Bluetooth is enabled (and working with a BT keyboard), and I can confirm that its bluetooth sees other devices. However, selecting the "Turns...

Ohwait. It just successfully turned on the Camera's bluetooth. I might have missed it before, because there is almost no difference in the Theta S app UI once it's turned on. The text "Turn on camera Bluetooth" simply changes to "Turns off camera Bluetooth" (easily misread as being unchanged), and the "Connection" status changes from "Wifi" to "Wifi & Bluetooth", which is also easily missed. I may have just missed it before, and I'm posting this here because others may also be missing it in the same fashion. It's not immediately obvious, once the app is successfully connected to the camera via Bluetooth. That is, there is no obvious, unmissable notification that Bluetooth is connected to the camera.
Pseudothink

Postby Bestia » 14 Nov 2017, 19:59

Hello there,
I have the same problem from a Theta S bought in Birmingham too..
It just won't connect to wifi. I tried iPhone, Android (HTC and Lenovo), Laptop, etc.. never connected once!
I followed the exact way to connect (THETAXS####OSC), then it tries to connect but fails and gives me "Connection failed", "Incorrect Password", etc..
Best regards, Rosa
Bestia

Postby Pseudothink » 15 Nov 2017, 07:35

Rosa, so the devs (or someone) might be able to offer assistance, I suggest confirming exactly what SSID and password you are using for your camera, and confirming what the information printed on the camera says, so that it can be confirmed you're using the correct SSID and password for your camera. Once those are confirmed, one could potentially try to identify other reasons for the connection failures.

Pseudothink wrote:Ohwait. It just successfully turned on the Camera's bluetooth. I might have missed it before, because there is almost no difference in the Theta S app UI once it's turned on.

It may be worth noting that since this time, my Nexus 7 (running Android 6.0.1) has been unable to reconnect to my Theta V via bluetooth. I can connect via wifi just fine, but bluetooth does not successfully connect. I've tried lots of things (restarting camera both the camera and PC, changing various settings, trying to "pair" the devices manually, etc.) but I've not been able to find a way for the two devices to reconnect. It worked once, and not again. /shrug. I'll try a different device (an iPad) sometime, to see if I can get that to work over BT.
Pseudothink

Postby amandakelly » 26 Dec 2017, 12:39

Ditto. I have successfully attached the Theta V (operating the Oct. 24, 2017, Version 1.10.1 firmware) for my Nexus 7 (running Android 6.0.1) via wifi, but I am not able to get the Bluetooth connection working. My Nexus 7 Bluetooth is enabled (and working using a BT keyboard), and I can affirm that its own bluetooth sees other apparatus. However, selecting the "Turns...Ohwait. It only successfully turned on the Camera's bluetooth. I may have missed it before, since there's almost no difference in the Theta S app UI when it's turned on. I might have just missed it before, and I'm posting this here since others may also be missing it in the exact same manner. It is not immediately evident, once the program is successfully connected to the camera through Bluetooth. That is, there is no clear, unmissable telling that Bluetooth is linked to the camera.

Thank you,
Amanda
amandakelly

Postby Wistou » 30 Jan 2018, 19:27

Hi all,

I have the same issue : impossibe to connect from my Android (v6) device to Theta V in Bluetooth. I sure set the Bluetooth to be active onthe camera, I even saw a Bluetoothe device for a while, but could never pair it with my smartphone. And now, I can not longer see the device in the BMuetooth device list.... Very frustrating !
Wistou

Postby steveplab » 04 Feb 2018, 09:07

Hi,
Nothing strange if Theta S doesn't work for you. Even I faced this.

It always show "Connection failed", "Incorrect Password", etc.errors while trying to connect no matter what is the device,

I got to the support and they didn't reply well.

Don't know what to do.

:(
steveplab

Postby RossMcKenzie » 04 Feb 2018, 15:49

Just worked out how to link my bluetooth to the theta v.

Once you have turned it on, you actually dont need to pair it. It does this in the app. You can go to the settings in the app to see that it says connected.

I spent ages trying to pair it believing it hadnt connect when it actually had.
RossMcKenzie

Postby TobyTr » 23 Feb 2018, 03:12

Hi everyone.
I have the same issue. I'm unable to to connect from my Android device to Theta V in Bluetooth. I sure set the Bluetooth to be active on the camera, I even saw a Bluetooth device for a while, but could never pair it with my smartphone. I tried to contact the support but they haven't replied yet.
Do you have any idea? Thanks
Cheers, Toby
TobyTr

Postby AlicePaul » 14 Mar 2018, 05:27

I include the same problem. I'm not capable to attach from my Android device to Theta V in Bluetooth. I certainly put the Bluetooth to be lively on the camera, I still saying a Bluetooth device for an at the same time as, other than might never couple it by means of my Smartphone. I try to get in touch with the holdup but they haven't replied yet.
Do you include any thought? Thanks
Goodluck Australia Assignment Writing Service
AlicePaul

Postby Stellaban » 15 Mar 2018, 05:57

You could use a Bluetooth enabled smartphone for faraway shooting and switching of the image shown. ....Essay Help UK If the connection isn't mounted, preserve the devices collectively until the digital camera screen is updated. Observe that the length and sort of facts you could input varies depending on the characteristic you are using.
Stellaban

Postby AlexCraft » 19 Mar 2018, 17:49

I've just managed to connect Theta V to my HTC One. I've tried multiple times doing the same via Bluetooth but it just wouldn't connect. I've spend like 3 hours trying to figure out how to make it work.
After doing some research I've finally found the way to connect them via Bluetooth. Just launch the app with wifi off, bluetooth on and you'll see it connect tothe camera. Cheers, Your PianoDreamer
AlexCraft

Postby rachelplab » 27 Mar 2018, 17:02

steveplab wrote:Hi,
Nothing strange if Theta S doesn't work for you. Even I faced this.

It always show "Connection failed", "Incorrect Password", etc.errors while trying to connect no matter what is the device,

I got to the support and they didn't reply well.

Don't know what to do.

:(

I have been reading this thread and is it really a pain in the a**? I mean why then so many peoples are using it if we have so many problems with it. Also, why there is not awareness of it?

Feeling little confused.

If any expert can look into this.

Rachel.
Last edited by rachelplab on 17 Nov 2018, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
rachelplab

Postby TobyTr » 01 May 2018, 03:41

Hi folks.
Thanks for your help, I am now able to connect from my Android device to Theta V in Bluetooth.
Cheers, best memory foam pillow
Last edited by TobyTr on 06 May 2018, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
TobyTr

Postby newmoon1982 » 03 May 2018, 10:02

the finnal solution is that you need keep your app open,and then press the wifi button on theta v, wifi light will gos to green, now is bluetooth mode.
fxxking hard to finger out this....
newmoon1982

Postby jessica » 25 Jun 2018, 09:38

Yes you are correct. By keeping the app open, its possible to establish connectivity. Small issue but too general solution. Its working. Thanks..
Assignment Help Australia
jessica

Postby expertessayhelp » 29 Jun 2018, 08:25

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post,this is very amazing article and now vastly i can connect with Theta V with Bluetooth.
Expert Essay Writers UK very apreciated you work keep doing this.
expertessayhelp

Postby AlinaAmanda2 » 11 Jul 2018, 13:24

Can I use the wifi remote in the woods without a wifi hotspot connection? (Does the gopro link to the remote, Bluetooth-style, without an existing wifi network that they both must join ..
Write My Essay Cheap
AlinaAmanda2

Postby EmmaSwa94352287 » 03 Aug 2018, 05:34

've just figured out how to associate Theta V to my HTC One. I've attempted numerous circumstances doing likewise by means of Bluetooth however it just wouldn't associate.
spaze apparel I've spend like 3 hours attempting to make sense of how to influence it to function.

Subsequent to doing some examination I've at long last discovered the best approach to interface them through Bluetooth. Simply dispatch the application with wifi off, bluetooth on and you'll see it associate tothe camera.
EmmaSwa94352287

Postby BadimRnacer » 17 Feb 2019, 18:28

The bluetooth API is documented, but doesn’t come with detailed examples. A better strategy is to find an existing Android App that works with a bluetooth shutter and see if it works without modification. The Android app that came with your low-cost bluetooth trigger may work with on the THETA V without modification if it doesn’t work a user to press a button after the app starts. See some tests below with unmodified Android apps. To put a standard Android App, select it as the default plug-in using the desktop app, then put the camera into plug-in mode with the lower mode button.

Best Regards Badim
BadimRnacer

Postby John97419966 » 06 Apr 2019, 08:13

Bluetooth is a great feature for everything nowadays.
Starting from a basic application to large sized home appliances everywhere it is required and necessary.

John Fernandes
John97419966

Postby Keyer » 07 Apr 2019, 09:03

I agree with you completely.
Keyer

Postby SaboorAhmadKhan » 10 Apr 2019, 08:50

Hi,
Many people were facing the same problem no worry here I explain you to how can you get the successful connection with "Theta V"
1. Turn on Theta V Bluetooth, Turn on wifi then you can see Theta show up connection in the phone.
In case, your device show this error
"Wifi" (Turn off) the device shows up as it's a serial number, tried to connect, failed
No worry,
you have to restart your phone and repeat my first process you can make a connection successfully cool 8-)
By https://ppcexpo.com/
SaboorAhmadKhan

Postby SaboorAhmadKhan » 12 Apr 2019, 05:31

when the Bluetooth show the disable connection when you see the one more notifications on theta V keep it remember then you must restart the theta v and your smartphone as well

Regards
Saboor Ahmad
https://rightconcealer.com 8-) :shock:
SaboorAhmadKhan

Postby SaboorAhmadKhan » 12 Apr 2019, 07:15

I am really wondering to see your connection is still problem plz check you interconnection if its fine then you had a connection with the same name with another device on that time your phone is not detected the Theta v Bluetooth.

https://thebesthoverboard.com/ :roll:
SaboorAhmadKhan

Postby TerryDLacey » 03 May 2019, 08:56

you do not have to match the telephone with the camera. Simply release the app with wifi off, bluetooth on and you will notice it hook up to the camera
click here now
TerryDLacey

Postby SaboorAhmadKhan » 16 May 2019, 07:47

i am facing the same problem I can't connect my phone with theta V via Bluetooth .. I want to place the theta V near my lovely cage of rat so they can enjoy a lot the songs..
http://www.axelvold.org/best-rat-cage-uk/
SaboorAhmadKhan

Next

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA