Can't update firmware 2.10.1 on a new Theta V

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH THETA shooting techniques, spherical images or self-made apps on theta360.com, introduction of attachments, etc.

Can't update firmware 2.10.1 on a new Theta V

Postby polystorm » 03 Mar 2018, 16:31

Just bought the Theta V 2 days ago and I tried updating the firmware on OS High Sierra, Windows 10 64 and iOS 11. The wheel on the desktop app spins for 6 minutes and eventually the blue light and camera icon on the unit goes off, then I get the message "Check the network connection". Nothing wrong with my network connection but I looks like the phone would go to sleep.

So I turned off sleep mode hoping this was the problem, but I tried updating the firmware again, and I STILL got the "Check the network connection".

This is ridiculous. No way to contact support outside of the US. The apps are UN-intuitive. I posted a nasty review on their facebook page and Kevin Camacho from Ricoh messaged me for my contact info. I sent him my email but it's been a day and haven't heard anything.
polystorm

Re: Can't update firmware 2.10.1 on a new Theta V

Postby MikeLenser » 06 Mar 2018, 10:11

I had trouble updating the firmware via the Windows app (running Windows 10 64bit) but it worked flawlessly using the iphone app. Maybe try updating using the app on your phone?
MikeLenser

Postby GregoryK » 30 May 2018, 20:44

I have this exact problem, just bought a theta V. tried to update firmaware using windows, mac, android, and i even drove to a friends house with no luck. Any info on this ?? :cry:
GregoryK

Postby BeaconNutritio2 » 12 Sep 2019, 11:13

The majority of the keto diet community cannot stop raving about the benefits of the keto diet and intermittent fasting. Keto diet has been helpful even to the people who were experiencing a weight loss plateau, i.e, stuck and not making any progress. People who have been https://beaconutrition.com/ultra-fast-keto-boost/ pills like @ claim that the benefits outweigh the side effects.
BeaconNutritio2

Return to Everything About RICOH THETA