Extending Wifi Range

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

Extending Wifi Range

Postby MikeJordan » 14 Dec 2018, 15:07

The wifi range on my ThetaV is horrible. I am looking for a way to extend it.

I bought a Mi wifi repeater. It is tiny and portable. But I can not get it to connect to the ThetaV wifi.

I bought this particular Mi device because many wifi drone drone operators are using it with great results. Looking at the drone operators set up videos, they have to change their manufacture's wifi SSID name to something simple. Evidently the Mi does not like dashes in the name. ThetaV has a period in its name. I am wondering if that is why the Mi will not connect.

Is their a way to change the SSID wifi name of the ThetaV?

Or, if someone has another plan that works to extend wifi, I would love to hear about it.
MikeJordan

Re: Extending Wifi Range

Postby MikeJordan » 16 Dec 2018, 13:51

Any Developers working on wifi range?
MikeJordan

Re: Extending Wifi Range

Postby Profess81397315 » 04 Jan 2019, 10:02

The range of the wifi is depending on the modem quality and power. you use any cheap rate modems the quality range is very poor. Wi-Fi networks have a range that's limited by the frequency, transmission power, antenna type, the location they're used in, and the environment. A typical wireless router in an indoor point-to-multipoint arrangement using 802.11n and a stock antenna might have a range of 50 meters (160 ft) or less. office cleaning service Brisbane use quality wifis for their official uses.
Profess81397315

Return to Development