How do I start my learning of becoming UI designer?

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

How do I start my learning of becoming UI designer?

Postby AdamLewisca » 18 Apr 2019, 07:46

Hello, sorry if I posted this post in programming section in forums, but I felt compelled to post it. At the moment, I am learning programming of Java as well as Python and soon I will be touching basics of creating user interfaces. Since I have a wild desire to work for a great company or go freelance, I understand that I got to be able to create a design for the interface whether for for a desktop or mobile program. However, the problem is that I have no idea where to start: I searched for blogs as well as books and I picked their advices on how to learn and become designer, but not in related field. For example, I found some blogs that were giving general advice on how to learn designing, but it was biased for people who do web development. The only experience I managed to build and improve is when I was at 6th form doing project for ICT a-level and I had to design a website/slideshow in order to teach kids blah blah blah. But I had to create draft designs and then get students to use user interface to get their opinions as well as suggestion for improvements. I learned a bit, but I felt it's not sufficient for me. So basically I want to start learning from scratch and maybe become a passable-good designer for app development.
P.s. Should I follow advice about user interface and experience that were given to web developers? and learn some programs such as Photoshop?
https://diceus.com/bespoke-software-advantages-and-disadvantages/
AdamLewisca

Re: How do I start my learning of becoming UI designer?

Postby joecarrow » 29 Apr 2019, 20:23

Excellent post! Really, It’s great that you are taking a great deal of interest in programing, I will advise you to start from basic interface design, the app can be an as easy one. You do not need to start with fancy work, just make yourself sure that you have the basic idea clear. another thing is that you only can go on to freelancing when you have all the idea clear. Currently, I am working as a freelance content writer at https://phdify.com/ for the tech-related side. Here, I am especially writing tech-related content and review article. Writing is my passion. Anyway, So if you interested to get such kind of service from us then I recommend visiting our official website. Thank you.!
joecarrow

Postby NastyaStefanuk » 02 May 2019, 15:58

Hello! I also want to contribute in your discussion and share great article about salary comparison of UI/UX designers and difference between them. Enjoy reading!
https://mobilunity.com/blog/comparison-of-ui-ux-designer-salary-around-the-world/
NastyaStefanuk

Postby Vikasag » 08 May 2019, 12:27

The very first thing to become an UI designer is to master the required skills and try to get more and more indepth details on all types of user interface. Then you have to build your portfolio matching better to the UI developer. Your portfolio will bring you some further network to work upon and now its upto you for further startegy.
Vikasag

Return to Development