Turning Off the Tweet Sound

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH THETA API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.

Turning Off the Tweet Sound

Postby brianlrichards » 10 Apr 2015, 15:32

Is there a way in the code to turn off the tweet sound the camera makes when using the Interval Timer?
brianlrichards

Re: Turning Off the Tweet Sound

Postby koushikou » 10 Apr 2015, 15:44

brianlrichards wrote:Is there a way in the code to turn off the tweet sound the camera makes when using the Interval Timer?

Use setAudioVolume, like:
Code: Select all
[session setAudioVolume:0];

API & SDK document is wrong

// Shutter volume
//     0-100
NSUInteger audioVolume = [session getAudioVolume];
[session setTimelapseInterval: 100];

should be

// Shutter volume
//     0-100
NSUInteger audioVolume = [session getAudioVolume];
[session setAudioVolume: 100];
koushikou

Postby brianlrichards » 12 Apr 2015, 14:21

Thanks koushikou for the correction.

I have found this function is currently only available in one app, ThetaZero (Android), if anyone is developing new apps please add this option to adjust or at least to set to Shutter volume to zero, as there are times when it would be really useful to turn off the shutter Tweet Sound. This would be useful as a general setting whatever the mode.
brianlrichards

Postby koushikou » 13 Apr 2015, 06:40

brianlrichards wrote:Thanks koushikou for the correction.

I have found this function is currently only available in one app, ThetaZero (Android), if anyone is developing new apps please add this option to adjust or at least to set to Shutter volume to zero, as there are times when it would be really useful to turn off the shutter Tweet Sound. This would be useful as a general setting whatever the mode.

Thanks for your kind reminder

I submitted my app "SphereCam" (for iOS) with Shutter volume control (On/Off) feature yesterday and waiting approve :)
koushikou

Postby justin_jones » 21 Apr 2015, 20:39

koushikou wrote:I submitted my app "SphereCam" (for iOS) with Shutter volume control (On/Off) feature yesterday and waiting approve :)

Just downloaded the app but it wouldn't work for me. This isn't really the place to explain so I sent an email to the address on the support site.
justin_jones

Postby brad3d » 22 Apr 2015, 16:15

my iOS app also has a button to turn of the shutter. Also in the apple review queue.
brad3d

Postby koushikou » 23 Apr 2015, 19:01

justin_jones wrote:
koushikou wrote:I submitted my app "SphereCam" (for iOS) with Shutter volume control (On/Off) feature yesterday and waiting approve :)

Just downloaded the app but it wouldn't work for me. This isn't really the place to explain so I sent an email to the address on the support site.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm working on fix these problem you described
Thank you
koushikou

Postby brad3d » 24 Apr 2015, 03:30

justin_jones wrote:

Same issue, the app just crashes for me.
brad3d

Postby koushikou » 15 May 2015, 08:24

brad3d wrote:
justin_jones wrote:

Same issue, the app just crashes for me.

Hi, updated SphereCam (1.0.3) is released , did it works?
koushikou

Postby GWiLLzzz » 04 Feb 2016, 18:27

Did you ever find an answer to this? I was wondering the same thing. There has to be a way to turn the sound off. Please let me know. Thank you

G
GWiLLzzz

Postby MykonBlu » 05 Feb 2016, 11:05

Also, you can do it from the terminal if you want a quick fix, using some curl requests :)

First start a session with it (once you've connected to its wifi ofc!):
curl -d '{"name":"camera.startSession", "parameters":{} }' http://192.168.1.1/osc/commands/execute

Then turn the sound off (Make sure the sessionId matches the one you got back from the above request!):
curl -d '{"name": "camera.setOptions", "parameters":{"sessionId":"SID_0001", "options":{"_shutterVolume":0}} }' http://192.168.1.1/osc/commands/execute
MykonBlu

Postby mbirth » 07 Feb 2016, 13:18

See also this thread.
mbirth

Postby jcasman » 13 Jun 2016, 00:32

Blog post on silencing the shutter sound using the API: http://lists.theta360.guide/t/taking-pictures-silently/52/1
jcasman

Return to Development